Monday, November 16, 2015

Linguini e Vongole - Come Have a Taste of Heaven!


Kate M. on Yelp talks about her amazing entree (Linguini e Vongole) below and her complete dining experience.

"Delicious Italian! If I may say so, as the granddaughter of an Italian immigrant.

I had the bruschetta for an appetizer, and although the tomatoes weren't as fresh as they could be, the combination of added garlic, basil, and other flavors made it satisfying enough. 

 For my entree I had the linguini e vongole -- pasta with garlic lemon butter white wine sauce and clams. This tasted SOOO GOOD, but there were more clams than linguini! This may not be a problem for some people, but I was enjoying it so much that I would have liked to have more pasta to soak up the sauce! 

 We were in a bit of a hurry to catch a concert at the nearby Flint Center, and our waiter was very amenable about putting a rush order on our food. However, he did not sacrifice any of his friendliness, and was eager to chat with us while we waited for our very yummy meal. 

 At about 6pm on a Thursday the restaurant was quite empty and we were seated immediately. Although I generally choose not to eat in an empty restaurant, we were starving, and I'm glad that we took the risk! As we were finishing our meal, they had filled up significantly, and I noticed that people were queuing up to wait for a table. I will definitely make a reservation when I return!" 

 Thank you Kate for coming in!

http://www.fontanasitalian.com

No comments:

Post a Comment